Just Memos: Preparing for Practice (Aspen Coursebook) (Paperback)
Just Memos, adapted from The Legal Writing Handbook, provides focused coverage on the proper way to write a legal memorandum. The authors explain the features unique to memo writing and how to effectively execute these features in practice. Helpful examples are included throughout the book, including both simple and more complex memoranda to give students insight into the expectations for the finished product. Like the authors' other texts, the authors provide a straightforward, step-by-step approach that is easy for students to understand.
- Expanded chapters on case and statutory interpretation
- A new chapter on the difference between mandatory and persuasive authority
- Reorganized, more reader-friendly chapter on writing the discussion section, and expanded chapter that reviews other types of analysis
- Unique coverage of memo writing by itself, for students who need extra guidance, or for professors who want to add extra coverage to their current legal writing text
- Information designed to help undergraduates make the transition from different types of academic writing to legal writing, and to help foreign students and foreign lawyers understand the rhetorical preferences of United States lawyers