Ethical Problems in the Practice of Law: Model Rules, State Variations, and Practice Questions, 2017 and 2018 Edition (Supplements) (Paperback)
An indispensable tool for students taking courses in professional responsibility, this book contains only the essential resources: the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct and the official comments; a selection of the most distinctive state variations;
and 124 practice questions, in the format used in the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE), together with answers and detailed analyses.
This volume includes:
- The ABA Rules of Professional Conduct, with official comments, as issued through August 2016.
- A carefully selected compilation of variations found in state ethics codes. Each variation was chosen to demonstrate a policy choice made by a state that departed from the ABA's suggested model. The purpose is to enable students to compare certain state rules with the Model Rules and to better understand the policy choices reflected in the ABA Model Rules.
- Italicized words and additional notes in the state variations, to highlight the differences between the variations and the Model Rules.
- 124 original practice questions, organized into 14 topics, in the multiple-choice format used by the MPRE, so that students can test their understanding of each topic studied in the course.
- Detailed narrative analyses of the answer to each question, explaining why one choice is correct, and why each incorrect answer is not correct.