First-Time Landlord: Your Guide to Renting Out a Single-Family Home (Paperback)
The 101 on earning rental income from a single-family home
Do you own a house you'd like to rent out rather than sell? It's a common scenario in today's market, especially if you've inherited a house, are moving to another home, or are buying an investment property. And it may mean you're about to be a first-time landlord. Follow the advice in this book to ease into your new role and earn substantial profits while avoiding costly mistakes.
- Learn your legal obligations.
- Estimate costs and profits.
- Choose good tenants and avoid problem ones.
- Make the most of valuable tax deductions.
- Handle repairs and property management tasks.
The 5th edition is updated to cover major legal changes, in particular how the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act created pass-through deductions that can benefit landlords. Includes sample forms and budget worksheets.