Divorce & Money: Make the Best Financial Decisions During Divorce (Paperback)
All the information you need to split your assets, easily and fairly
Major financial decisions are often overwhelming, but they can feel downright impossible when you're in the midst of a divorce. Turn to Divorce & Money, the acclaimed guide that translates complex financial concepts into plain language to help you:
- create a cash flow statement using your income and expenses
- uncover your spouse's financial information
- determine the value of real estate, retirement accounts, and other assets
- understand how child support and alimony are calculated
- divide your property and debts fairly
- negotiate a comprehensive settlement
- achieve financial stability after divorce, and
- learn when and how to talk to a professional (attorney, tax adviser, or appraiser).
The 13th edition is updated with the latest tax figures and information about the new law affecting alimony.