Purpose in Prayer (Paperback)
The prayer of faith is one force that can turn your life into a testimony of God's divine power. In fact, it is the only power in the universe that can change the purposes of God and bring victory to the Christian life. Even so, it is a power that is used too infrequently.
E. M. Bounds encourages every believer to open a "vista of infinite resource and possibility" by living a life of purposeful prayer. He explains yow you can:
- Have the assurance of God's answer every time you pray
- See the results of your prayers
- Obtain all that God has for you
- Receive your inheritance and all that is Christ's
- Do all things by God's aid
- Know what to pray for
- Grow in the likeness of Christ
- Overcome the obstructions to daily prayer and meditation
- Live in perfect love
About the Author
E. M. (Edward McKendree) Bounds (1835-1913) has given us a powerful legacy of prayer, believing it to be the strongest link between God and man. Bounds was a pastor and editor who spent many years reading, writing, praying, and taking part in revival ministry. Deeply concerned for the world, Bounds would rise at 4 a.m. to pray. Since the time of the apostles, no man besides Bounds has left such a rich inheritance of research into the life of prayer.