The School Psychologist's Guide for the Praxis Exam (Book + Free App) (Paperback)
Note to Readers: Publisher does not guarantee quality or access to any included digital components if book is purchased through a third-party seller.
Now with a free mobile & web app with print purchase
Written by an award-winning practicing school psychologist, this thoroughly updated edition reflects the 2015 version of the Praxis(R) Exam in School Psychology. Noted for its concise and efficient outline style with visual keys that indicate what is most important and what needs extra study time, this guide has already helped thousands pass the exam. The bulleted key concepts and lists versus long, drawn-out paragraphs present information in easily digestible segments without sacrificing key information needed to pass the exam. Invaluable study suggestions better prepare readers and build their confidence prior to exam time.
Highlights of the new edition include:
- Reorganized to conform to the four major content areas of the updated 2015 exam
- Two new practice exams with 280 reworked sample questions and detailed answers that are similar in style and content to the actual items found in the Praxis(R) exam to maximize success
- Covers school neuropsychology and traumatic brain injury, two topics that are not major domains on the current test, but which provide critical information to help strengthen success rate
- New Concepts to Remember lists at the end of each content chapter summarize the key points and provide additional concepts that are especially helpful to review 2 weeks prior to exam time
- New Study and Test-Tasking Strategies and Insider Tips boxes based on feedback from recent test takers provide tips for studying for and passing the exam from all levels of test takers
- Updated information on threat and risk assessment, pediatric brain injury and school supports, the DSM-5, and school neuropsychological practices and policies
- New key at the beginning of the answer section that links the categories referenced in the answer to the appropriate content chapter for ease of use
- Aligns with "best practices" and recommendations from the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
- A proven track record of success that has already helped thousands pass the exam, Dr. Thompson was named Colorado School Psychologist of the Year in 2013
- Includes free access to mobile and online app―track and sync your progress on up to three devices
Anyone planning to take the Praxis(R) exam including master's or doctoral school psychology students and practicing professionals will benefit by studying for this critical exam using this book.
- Includes all the high-quality content from the book
- Information at your fingertips anytime, anywhere.
- Available on iOS, Android, and the web, with a powerful, simple-to-use interface.
- APP INCLUDED WITH PRINT PURCHASE