Inheriting Clutter: How to Calm the Chaos Your Parents Leave Behind (Paperback)
* As heard on NPR's All Things Considered
Everyday hundreds of adult children become middle-aged orphans when their elderly parents pass away, leaving behind more than just memories.
You've heard the horror stories: arguments over stuff, an inheritance lost forever when easily deceived parents are scammed, siblings estranged, an adult heir taken from daily responsibilities for months because of the enormous task of clearing out a childhood home. It doesn't have to be that way.
The Estate Lady, professional estate liquidator Julie Hall, knows what to do. Whether your parents are still living or you're caught in the middle of a crisis, Inheriting Clutter: How to Calm the Chaos Your Parents Leave Behind has solutions. Hall provides trustworthy counsel on how to:
- Divide your parents' estate with peace of mind
- Minimize fighting with siblings during the estate settlement process
- Clear out the family home in thirty days or less
- Identify potential items of value in the home
- Have "that conversation" with your parents
- Prepare your own children for the future
The Estate Lady offers guidance for any executor, heir, or beneficiary, sharing some of her most fascinating stories as well as helpful checklists of the things that need to be done now and at the time of your loss.
Inheriting Clutter gives you practical, effective steps for liquidating and distributing your parents' assets in a way that both honors them and promotes family harmony for generations to come.