Women of the Bible: A One-Year Devotional Study (Paperback)
OVER ONE MILLION COPIES SOLD
This bestselling devotional study focuses on 52 remarkable women in Scripture--women whose struggles to live with faith and courage are not unlike your own.
This year-long devotional offers a unique method to help you slow down and soak in Scripture so you can savor its riches, understanding anew how God acts in surprising and wonderful ways to draw you to Himself.
Authors Ann Spangler and Jean E. Syswerda dive into the lives of 52 women of the Bible, spending one week learning about each one and covering different topics on each day of the week. They include:
- Monday: Her story--an inspirational portrait of her life
- Tuesday: Her life and times--background information about the culture of her day
- Wednesday: Her legacy in Scripture--a short Bible study on her life with application to your own
- Thursday: Her promise--the Bible promises that apply to her life and yours
- Friday: Her legacy of prayer--and praying in light of her story
Other special features in Women of the Bible include:
- A theme index
- A list of all the women of the Bible
- A timeline of the women of the Bible
- A list of women in Jesus' family tree
- A list of women in Jesus' life and ministry
Perfect for personal prayer and Bible study or for use in small groups, the women in this book offer a fresh perspective that will nourish and strengthen your personal relationship with God.
About the Author
Ann Spangler is an award-winning writer and the author of many bestselling books, including Praying the Names of God, Praying the Names of Jesus, and The One Year Devotions for Women. She is also coauthor of Women of the Bible and Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus and the general editor of the Names of God Bible. Ann's fascination with and love of Scripture have resulted in books that have opened the Bible to a wide range of readers. She and her two daughters live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Website: http: //www.annspangler.com/ Blog: http: //www.annspangler.com/category/blog/