Galatians: The Path to Freedom (Paperback)
God's grace cannot be earned...
Follow Dr. Jeremiah through the letter of Galatians in a chapter-by-chapter study that will help you understand what it meant to the people at the time it was written, and what it means to Christians today.
Paul's letter is written to those who had been deceived into believing they had to practice the laws of the Old Testament to receive salvation. Paul is adamant that God's grace cannot be earned, regardless of how many commandments we try to obey. Only our faith in Jesus provides the way to eternal life. "Man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ...for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified" (Galatians 2:16).
This knowledge gives us freedom from the pressure of trying to be "good enough" for God.
Each of this study's twelve lessons is clearly organized to include:
- Getting Started: An opening question to introduce you to the lesson.
- Setting the Stage: A short reflection to explain the context of the study.
- Exploring the Text: The Scripture reading for the lesson with related study questions.
- Reviewing the Story: Questions to help you identify key points in the reading.
- Applying the Message: Questions to help you apply the key ideas to their lives.
- Reflecting on the Meaning: A closing reflection on the key teachings in the lesson.
--ABOUT THE SERIES--
The Jeremiah Bible Study Series captures Dr. David Jeremiah's forty-plus years of commitment in teaching the Word of God. In each study, you'll gain insights into the text, identify key stories and themes, and be challenged to apply the truths you uncover to your life. By the end of each study, you'll come away with a clear and memorable understanding of that Bible book.
Each study also contains a Leader's Guide.